The last order day for gift vouchers, retail items, golf vouchers or falconry experiences to be delivered before Christmas is 18th December 2019 for UK orders and 15th December 2019 for international orders. Gift vouchers can also be purchased from the Gift Shop.
Bird of Prey Experience
As a combination of the Hawk Walk and Owl experiences, our Bird of Prey Experience will enable you to fly a wider range of birds.
Your Experience Includes:
- Fly a range of birds of prey across the estate
- Afternoon Hawk Walk (full day only)
- Behind the scenes tour
- Day ticket to the Castle and grounds, so you can enjoy the estate once you have finished your experience.
- Lunch (full day only)
- Pre-booking is essential for participants
- Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear must be worn and a good level of fitness is required.
- Duration: 6 hours (full day), 3 hours (half day)
- Maximum number: 4 participants (plus up to 2 spectators each)
- Minimum age: 7 years (under 16 years must be accompanied - one adult accompanying an under 16 spectates for free)
- Visitors with disabilities are permitted a free spectator
- Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Content and timings of this experience are subject to seasonal changes.
"We spent the day with Reece and Mark, who welcomed us warmly and looked after us well. Not only are they just nice, friendly people who put us at ease, but their knowledge, experience and sheer love of the birds shone through. They answered everything thoroughly, however daft the questions must have seemed. They ensured that our experience was totally absorbing... brilliant.
The birds are so well looked after. When you look at them at such close quarters, their condition is superb. We were introduced to the baby kookaburras and took Jackson the Harris Hawk on his first woodland experience... and what an experience that was for us... what a privilege to see his courage develop in that short time. We handled eight birds altogether of various types and sizes. My photos show our faces full of concentration and being thoroughly absorbed in what we were doing.We watched the display in the afternoon which was as interesting and awesome as it always is. We enjoyed a lovely lunch, finished the day with a stroll through Lady Baillie's Garden which is so very pretty now and smells gorgeous, and sat in the shade looking across to the castle with a soft ice cream. Bliss.
There is so much more I could say, but I can sum it all up with what I emailed my brother... 'We have had the most wonderful day.' And so we did."
- Heather Ford