25th June 2019 - The Official Opening of the Princess Alexandra Gardens will take place at 2.30pm. The 900th Time Capsule unveiling will begin at 3.45pm on the Castle Island. The Castle will close from 2.30pm (last entry 2pm). Grounds remain open as usual.
Bird of Prey Photography Day
Bird of Prey Photography Days for both professionals and enthusiastic amateurs.
We have a wide range of indigenous and non-indigenous species available to photograph on this full day experience including: Owls, Eagles, Falcons and Hawks.
During the day use your own equipment to get close to the birds and photograph them either free flying in the parkland or in static poses with the magnificent backdrop of 'the loveliest castle in the world'
Your Experience Includes:
- A behind the scenes tour
- A tailored itinerary made to your requirements
- Day ticket to the Castle and grounds to continue your photography once you have finished your experience
- Tea and Coffee
- Pre-booking is essential for participants.
- Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear must be worn and a good level of fitness is required.
- Duration: 6 hours
- Maximum number: 4 participants
- Minimum age: 7 years (under 16 years must be accompanied - one adult accompanying an under 16 spectates for free)
- Visitors with disabilities are permitted a free spectator
- Photography clubs and societies welcome by prior arrangement with the falconry team
- Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Content and timings of this experience are subject to seasonal changes.